Riken Keiki’s OHC-800 is the world’s only explosion-proof gas calorimeter that offers high accuracy (OIML R140 Class A*), continuous measurement (data updated every 0.25 seconds), and high-speed response (T90 within 5 seconds).
The OHC-800 can be used on a variety of gases and applications, including hydrogen, based on customers’ operating environment and requirements. A new model for hydrogen and natural gas co-firing gas turbines will be released, which will measure mixtures of natural gas and hydrogen ranging from 0-100vol％. An additional model for ammonia gas will be released in the future.
Riken Keiki’s real-time gas calorimeter is based on a patented detection principle, called OPT-SONIC. By combining an optical sensor and a sound velocity sensor to perform unique calculations, the system is not affected by interference from gases that do not have heat content, such as N2, CO2 and O2.
Over 250 of the new OHC-800 calorimeters have been delivered to major engineering and gas companies, and to industrial gas turbine manufacturers around the world.
Features & Benefits
- Low operating cost, has a contaminant-resistant sensor, no requirement for carrier gas.
- Sensitivity does not have to be adjusted for modular unit replacement or after years of use.
- Robust and optimized structure designed to withstand harsh environments, with a minimal footprint and infrastructure.
- Real-time, continuous measurement updating every 0.25 seconds and fast response (less than 5 seconds) reaction to sudden change.
- Accuracy insensitive to interference from gasses such as N2, CO2 and O2.
- Operational for a wide selection of gas types and compositions including natural gas, LNG, hydrogen and natural gas mixtures, off-gas. by-product gas, low calorie flare gases, etc.
- Addresses all gas calorimeter challenges for a variety of gases and applications.
- Accurate calorimetry of natural gas containing hydrogen such as power-to-gas (H2 injection / methanation / Hydrogen co-firing gas turbine).
- Controls air-fuel ratios to stabilize combustion process and gas turbine operation.
- Controls real-time calorific values for stabilizing high quality fuel gas trading.
- Precisely adjusts gas calorific value to minimize fuel consumption and costs.
- Makes efficient reuse of by-product gas to reduce enviromental impact
- Monitors flare gas to keep flaming, even in lower calories.
Founded in 1939 under the umbrella conglomerate of RIKEN, our management philosophy has been to create safe working environments. Our science and technology research laboratories specialize in developing industrial gas-detection warning devices for monitoring harmful gases in the work environment as well as for explosion prevention from combustible gases.
Without compromise, we continue to challenge ourselves to be technological leaders, developing and manufacturing a wide range of industrial gas detection systems and monitors. From large-scale gas detecting alarm systems to small-sized personal gas monitors for safety protection, Riken Keiki’s gas monitors and detection systems are used in many industries, including: semiconductor and LCD plants, petroleum complexes, steelworks, various tankers, oil storage stations, underground gas facilities and even volcanoes.
Please visit the following link for a Product Video:
*Note: OIML R140 Class A approval in December 2021